Second Cup, (a coffee chain in Canada) has changed the names of their coffee sizes. If you were to buy a large today, a couple weeks ago it would have been the size of an extra large. So now the sizes go small, medium and large, previously it would have been medium, large and extra large. Why the name change? To sell more coffee obviously. Asking on of the people behind the counter about the name change, I was curious to know how the new large was selling. Apparently it’s their new most popular size. Who would have guessed?
Since 2005 Michael has published his thoughts on design at Design Notes. Topics of interest range from people's daily experiences with technology to typography to photography among many others.
Results based on testing & sprinting. Fan of cycling, making API's sing, walking with a camera in hand & New York Ranger supporter. UX at Lab49
When not designing, writing, or shooting photos, he loves cycling in and around the city. He can be reached at michael at michaelsurtees dot com.
- Design in the abstract
- Inverted Search
- Reading from Screen to Screen
- Floating around Manhattan
- Recent Articles about Dataminr
- Deconstructing a Beautiful World Cup Goal
- People tend to be more creative with spelling goal when their team scores
- Current Books on Review
- Preview of Century: 100 Years of Type in Design with Dan Rhatigan of Monotype
- Looking from NYC